Wednesday, December 2, 2009

mmmmm Pumpkin Lasagna


After following a link to this  recipe off talented writer Cassandra Andertons facebook page I couldn't wait to make it! Right after work I headed to the market to get my fresh and organic ingredients. There was a link to how the make the puree from scratch which added an extra hour on the preparation for this dish but completely worth it! I substituted the white noodles for organic whole wheat ones and skipped pre-cooking them since they actually become tender from the juicy puree in the oven. I also used organic dark maple syrup and added a sprinkle walnut bits to the top layer. This recipe was a hit, my boyfriend loved it and so did his friend who dipped into it :)  I a few pieces to work and they were enjoyed by all, even the head chef at my evening job was impressed! 
Here is the link to the recipe:

~enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment