Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer is for BBQ'n :)

With summer just around the corner you have probably already caught a waft of those tantalizing, smoky BBQ scents coming from your neighbors balcony! After a long day at work I just wanted to whip up something quick and delicious that would satisfy my craving for something on the grill.

I decided to make Stuffed Greek Chicken Breasts which were really easy to get prepped for the BBQ and turned out tender and tangy. I used my slap chop to make the filling, which consisted of green onion, garlic, red pepper, goat feta, cilantro, jalapeno and fresh squeezed lime. Then I placed the filing in the chicken breast and rolled it up, pinning the ends together with long toothpicks. I marinated the breasts in fresh lime juice with salt and pepper until my BBQ chef got home from work ;)

My salad consisted of organic spinach, red peppers, fresh mango chunks, cherry tomatoes and green onions with some goat feta crumbled on top. Lately, I have been hooked on goat products since goat milk is more easily digested than cow milk and that it contains more vitamin A, Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium! It is an excellent source of minerals and protein and low in fat. My grandmother has raised me to be very conscious about skin care so since I discovered mangos and red peppers are bursting with antioxidants that fight cell damage they have made their way into my most of my recipes...

I drizzled on my favorite dressing of all time Little Creek Original which is certified organic, made in the Okanagan and has NO added sugar :)

To complete the dish I sliced up some yams and brushed with Oddball Organics Garlic Nectar then stuck them on some skewers and placed on the top shelf of the BBQ. This was quick, easy, healthy and tasty! Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment