Monday, January 11, 2010

Easy & Healthy Mexicana Soup


This dish is inspired from a fitness magazine I picked up in the airport over the holidays. First I sautéed a large onion in organic chicken stock with just a dash of olive oil and unloaded them into my crock pot. I put a couple chicken breasts in the same cast iron pan i used for the onions and cooked them up while I chopped all the veggies. I threw 5 tomatoes into my  food processor (non-electric that my grandma got me off the shopping channel) and emptied into the crock pot, then added 4 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 jalapeno, 2 carrots, a couple cups of corn, a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of coriander and a couple teaspoons of chili powder and filled the rest up with organic chicken stock. Lastly I shredded the cooked chicken breasts in my hand processor and added them to the crock pot and let it sit for a few hours. 
When dinner time rolled around and I finished getting my messy apartment in order I just scooped the delicious hearty soup into a bowl, garnished with purple tortillas, an avocado, mexican pre-shredded cheese and cilantro. This was a really tasty recipe and I will most definitely make this on a more regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment